Saturday, February 21, 2009

13 weeks: energy, appetite and anniversary

1 trimester down, 2 to go! My energy level has been growing over the last few weeks and this week was great with tons of it. For most of the first trimester, I did not have much of an appetite and actually lost a couple pounds. Well just in time for our 2 year anniversary, my appetite was back.

Tuesday we went out for a fantastic dinner at Pearls Restaurant in Great Barrington. We originally wanted to go to Mario's just over the boarder in New York (they have amazing pop overs and we always have a good meal there) but they were closed. So after searching for a backup we figured we'd never been to Pearls so we might as well give it a try. GREAT CHOICE!!! We got edamame for an appetizer and I ordered a small fillet with french fries (just how Mom used to make them). Chip ordered a lobster and decided to shuck it himself. We were both really happy with our meals, so happy that there were no doggie bags to take home. I don't think I've had any red meat since I've been pregnant, so it was delish!!!!!

Next year if we want to go out to celebrate our anniversary, we'll have to plan on getting a babysitter :-)

I'm still fitting into my normal clothes comfortably, though yesterday and today my stomach and lower abs have been a little achy - I think maternity clothes are in my near future.

Today I had a burst of energy in the morning and ran some errands and did some cleaning around the house, but then I crashed in the afternoon and needed a little nap. I hope the energy I had this past week comes back tomorrow... I'd like to get the closet in the guest room (soon to be baby room) cleaned out so Chip can paint it (it's got old flowered wall paper on the bottom half and just plain plaster on the top).

Dana and Brady got our baby it's first clothes, little irish onesees with shamrocks and all! It occurred to Chip and I that we haven't even gotten anything for the baby yet, so I hope to be feeling good enough to get our first gift for baby :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment