Thursday, February 12, 2009

Sharing the news with Chip's family and our friends

In keeping with our theme to tell as many people our good news in person, last weekend Chip went home for his grandparents' 60th anniversary party and was able to share the news with his sister, her children (who are now very excited to have a baby cousin) and his Dad. Everyone seems thrilled to welcome the newest member to the family this summer. Before and after the anniversary party he told his Grandparents and Aunts and Uncle and cousin Martha. This baby will be so loved.

I was unable to make it out for the anniversary party because my friend Kristi was in town, she lives in Sweden and I haven't seen her since our wedding 2 years ago, I really didn't want to miss out on this visit. We got together at Dana's where 2 of our other friends from college came into town too, Nicole and Tilley! I absolutely LOVE getting together with friends from school, it's like we've only been apart for a day instead of months or years. Dana is having a baby in early April, and even though we live about an hour from each other, we are already planning that our baby and theirs will either be best friends or boyfriend/girlfriend :-)

Telling everyone about the baby has been so fun, but also very nerve wracking. I don't know why, but ya just never know about how it will go, but everyone has been so excited, supportive, and have the kindest words to say to give us confidence. As far as telling coworkers, a few know, and my boss does, but I think it'd be kinda fun to not tell and see how people start to react to me getting bigger!

1 comment:

  1. Shopping wes definitely a fun time. Anytime you want to go again just let me know. I'll have my camera ready. ;) - Tills

    ReplyDelete