Sunday, April 5, 2009

Drum roll... it's a....

.... STILL A SURPRISE!!! Haha, did I get anyone with the title of the posting? We held out and are still going to be surprised by baby's gender. So... there is only one person in the world who knows, and that's our ultrasound tech. Seems a bit unfair that a perfect stranger knows, but we're still so excited for the big surprise in August that we don't care too much.

Without further ado - pics of Baby S!!!

1. Happy profile picture of the left side of Baby. Chin at its chest. If you look to the left of the chin within Baby's chest, there's a little black spot - that's the heart, which was beating away.



2. I wouldn’t believe this one if I hadn't witnessed it first hand. Baby was being difficult throughout the entire ultrasound and moving a lot (oops – guess next time I won’t have a few pieces of Easter candy before an ultrasound). Throughout the ultrasound our tech was joking with us that the baby was trying to outsmart her… well this picture is of the baby sticking its tongue out!!!

3. I labeled this one for you. It’s a bit tough to see but if you imaging baby standing up, and you’re standing behind the baby looking down at the top of the head, then the baby looked up, that’s what you’re seeing here... lots of shadows though.
Amazing how detailed the arm bones are!!


All limbs were measured and we quickly saw all the little toes and fingers in between all the swimming and kicking! Baby, I wonder if you'll have a long second toe that is freakishly longer then your big toe - like me, or stubby toes that are the same length - like Daddy's.
She estimated that Baby weighs about 11 oz. So a little ahead of the average for this timeframe - obviously Baby's healthy, but Baby, please don't grow much bigger then 8 lbs inside of mommy in the next 20 weeks.
From your face images we quickly saw, you can see the strong cheekbones like Mommy, but that tongue sticking out is one of Daddy's traits when he's concentrating - without a doubt you're definitely OUR baby!

1 comment:

  1. Isn't my G-baby JUST BEAUTIFUL!!!!! These pictures made me cry I love the little person so much already. Mom you look good with your new hairdo and your cute belly. Dad isn't it exciting to feel the little one? See you soon.

    ReplyDelete