Dad came for a visit this weekend and boy, did we put him to work. He and Chip made 3 or 4 truckload trips to the dump with last fall's brush pile(s) and the framing from the 3 doors we replaced in Dec.
Then onto some plumbing - Our half bath's toilet had been leaking into the bowl, but it was so old that the parts in the tank required the whole back to be taken off in order to be replaced. That turned into 2-3 hour affair for them, but they were successful - they'll never know how truly grateful I am because it was getting very old to hike upstairs every hour to go pee.
The weather. Can I just tell you how happy this weather makes me feel. Hopefully it's here to stay and the winter blues will be a thing of the past. I got my hands a little dirty this weekend with the yardwork too, getting ready for some of my annual spring flower planting.
We got a lot of things crossed off the spring cleaning/baby prep list!
I'm pretty sure I showed the neighbors a little plumber's crack today though, I don't really have any clothes that fit well for getting dirty in the yard, I'll have to remember to wear longer shirts when I'm out digging around.
Chip was able to test out his smoker that I gave him for xmas, he just took the meat out of the smoker and it was a success!!!
While grandpa was visiting he got to feel Baby move! Very exciting!! He keeps calling Baby "he," so I guess that's his official prediction.
23 weeks and baby bump pics tomorrow... off to enjoy the remainder of the weekend :-)
boys have a plumber's crack. girls have a coin slot. I think this is you subliminally saying you'll have a boy maybe?
ReplyDelete