Mom came into town for the holiday on 12/23, it was so hard not to blurt our news when I first saw her, but luckily, I held out until Christmas morning like we'd planned. Dad and Janet came in on Christmas Eve, but Brucie and Megan couldn't make it home, so we sent them their frame with a note on the wrapping paper that said "Don't open unless you're on the phone with us." So on Christmas morning, with Brucie and Megan on the phone, Dad and Janet and Mom opened their gifts. I think Mom squealed, I can't quite remember seeing anything after that because she was squeezing me so hard I think I lost vision! Brucie was silent on the phone - similar reaction to what Chip and I had when we saw two lines! haha. Janet was giggling her happy giggle and Dad couldn't wipe that silly grin off his face the rest of the day!
My Grandmother came over a little while later, so we showed her the frames we'd given to everyone and she was just as surprised!
Chip's Mom, Chris, came into town on 12/27 and gave her a frame just like the ones we gave to my parents, she was also quite surprised. We're going to see Chip's Dad in Feb and will give him his frame at that time, we can't wait to share the news with him. I'm sure that will be a memorable Christmas for years to come :-)
This was the best xmas you two could of given me. My grandchild is so lucky to have you two for parents.
ReplyDelete