Friday, January 30, 2009

Nausea and exhaustion... and the best husband anyone could ask for.

I started to feel nauseous the day after Christmas when we were bringing Mom to the airport. It was all day nauseousness, not just the morning. So that lasted from week 5ish to about week 9. I learned quickly that if I ate something every 1.5 hours, I could make the nausea bearable. Now at 10 and a half weeks I'm feeling a lot better with the occasional bout with feeling sick. It's certainly do-able now.

Sleepiness... who knew that building something the size of a poppy seed would be so exhausting!! During the same weeks I wasn't feeling great, I found myself hitting a wall by about 3-4pm each day not thinking I could make it the rest of the day.

This brings me to Chip - the best husband in the world! He has done a brilliant job of trying to make me as comfortable as possible. Picking up groceries after work, making dinner while I nap or zone out on the couch... even walking me out to my already heated car in the morning to make sure I wouldn't slip on the ice!! During the nights where I couldn't stay up later then 8, he'd even go to bed with me early so he wouldn't wake me up by getting into bed later on.

If possible, he seems more excited about having a baby then me! When we go to bed he says good night to the baby. One night that sticks out in my head when he was talking to the baby was right after we found out we were pregnant when he said "You're loved" and rubbed my belly. I love that man!

No comments:

Post a Comment