My very good friend and one of my roomies from college, Allyssa, had her baby this week! Just when I was having the worst day at work I got an email saying that she'd had little Grace. She was due just 12 days before us, and obviously went a couple weeks early but she's doing great!!!
APPOINTMENT:
We had our 34 week appointment this afternoon. The office is normally packed, as is the parking lot, but both were empty, so when we walked into the ghost-town of an office, I was convinced it was a Saturday!
Anyway, our Dr. was the only one working that afternoon, so we were lucky enough to not have to wait very long. My weight was up 5 lbs from my last appt 3 weeks ago, but I think I'll stick to my home scale which I use every Monday morning which would result in a much more pleasant 3 lb gain. My BP was great, Baby's heart rate was 138 BPM and.... drum roll please...
Baby is no longer breech!!
But wait... there's more: Dr B says, "want to see if the baby really is head down?" Well I've never had an ultrasound in the office because there is an imaging center in another part of the building that we've gone to for the other two ultrasounds, but SURPRISE, there's a super top secret u/s room in our Dr's practice! Before I realized he meant let's literally "see," I thought I might be getting my first 3rd tri internal, nope that's in two weeks at 36 weeks.
So, the ultrasound: Baby is confirmed head down! yay!! His/Her weight is approximately 5lbs 14 oz - nearly 6 lbs!!! WOW!!!! Here are some of the other measurements:
- Head circumference is measuring 36weeks 2days (1 week and 5 days ahead of our due date)
- Abdominal circumference is measuring 35weeks 1day (4 days ahead)
- The femur measured 35weeks 4 days (1 week ahead)
So... with news of Allyssa's baby coming early, I've gotten a bit anxious that maybe we'll go early too, but today was so reassuring to hear that if baby comes early s/he will be strong and big. We're on track for an 8.5lb baby at this point!
Chip and I were so gitty after leaving our appointment, we're ready to meet this little (okay, big) love of ours!!
On to the weekly survey, which yes, is 4 days late! I know!
How far along? 34 weeks!!
Total weight gain/loss: Total net + 16 - no gain this week according to my favorite home scale on Monday!
Stretch marks? Still just the one between the two piercing holes from my button piercing.
Sleep: Lovely since Dad and Chip installed a ceiling fan in our room! Amazing!
Best moment this week: Obviously the shower last weekend. I love picnics and there's nothing better then spending time with friends and family!
Movement: Getting soooooooooo strong. In a meeting this week, I physically had to stop what I was doing and stretch to get baby's leg out of my side, it was a combo tickle/painful pinch.
Gender: Still thinking boy again... Chip still thinks baby is a girl, he's not as indecisive as I am!
Labor Signs: Still just practice Braxton-Hicks
Food Cravings: Well tonight I wanted some wings from Patrick's, but we had salmon and grilled potatoes and zucchini instead.
Belly Button in or out? The top is always out, bottom is slowly making it's way there.
What I miss: Since we've finally had summer weather this week, I'm going to go ahead and say "a nice cool beer!"
What I am looking forward to: Meeting Baby, obviously!!!!
Weekly Wisdom: Don't really have anything knowledgeable to say this week.
Milestones: Surprise ultrasound today and almost a 6lb chunker in there!!
Shout outs to new followers: HELLOOOOO to Grandpa George!!!
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: In that same meeting where baby wiggled it's little foot halfway around my waist, I went to give a status and think I started to speak Ukranian or something. I had to start over, no idea what was trying to come out of my mouth.
New Question: Wedding Band Status: They still fit! YAY!
Weekly Belly Pic: I think I'm smaller this week then last, or at least look smaller. Dr B said my belly (aka fundal height) is measuring a tad small, but that the baby's measurements proved otherwise!
Can you even believe that there is a nearly 6lb baby in there!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment