Thursday, July 30, 2009

Appointment Today - PROGRESS

This afternoon was our first weekly appt... from here on in we go each week - is it even possible we've been pregnant for this long that we're in the home stretch?!?!

Well folks, we have progress. Dr's exam showed that I'm 1.5cm dilated. I realize that women go for weeks being more then 3cm dilated without going into labor, while others won't show any progress and have the baby the next day. So basically, that means nothing except for that's 1.5 less centimeters that will have to dilate while in labor! Yay!!!

Baby's heartbeat was strong at 138 bpm and my belly is still measuring a bit small. But the Dr reiterated how large the baby measured at our last appointment 2 weeks ago when we had our ultrasound. It didn't sound like he thought we'd be making it to the due date and left smiling saying"Give us a call if anything exciting happens." So... I hope he's right, but I can't help but think that maybe he just jinxed us into 4+ more weeks of pregnancy.

In other news related to progress: I don't think I look like the baby has "dropped," however, I can feel him/her a little further south than even just a couple days okay. "They" say that once the baby drops you feel like you can breathe better, but this kid is still way up into my lungs too, so we've got a long baby for sure. Plus the fact that I'm so short probably doesn't help much either.

I'm off to bed... can't wait for the end of the work week tomorrow afternoon :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment