Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Devoni Dreamin'

I had a dream very early this morning, it was the first time I've had anatomical proof of Baby S' gender.

My dream starts with me being in labor and laying on my living room floor, where one of the Drs from my practice was there. (So were various other family members and Chip - we already know it will JUST be Chip in the room with me... this is not a circus!) The Dr whipped out a pair of forceps and I freaked. I told him no way in hell and practiced "changing positions" as recommended by our childbirth instructor. So I decided to get up and do laps around the house.

For some reason I was wearing khaki pants. Just as I was rounding the coffee table, the baby started to just kinda fall out of me into my khaki pants. After quick removal the reveal was BOY! At which time Chip yelled out, "Devoni, his name is Devoni!" Ewww... what kind of name is that?!?!? Even though we're not sharing names (we don't have a name for a boy anyway at this point) there is no way this baby will be named "Devoni!"

2 comments:

  1. ew ew ew yuck yuck yuck... worst name ever! I will lonvingly name your baby if you even think of anything NEAR that name! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, that's hilarious.

    Colette's first (Chloe) was breech right around her due date. They were suggesting a Cesarean but her midwife had another idea. Colette got on all fours and the midwife put a radio by her butt and played music. Sure enough, the baby turned around towards the music and was born naturally, and head first!

    ReplyDelete