Sunday, July 5, 2009

Busy Few Days

We've had a busy few days, but very very productive and fun:



Thursday - Cloth Diapering Workshop: I couldn't believe it when I stumbled upon a small store in our county that actually carries cloth diapers, and as luck would have it, they were having a cloth diapering workshop! I've done a lot of research online but hadn't had a chance to put my hands on them. I think we've found the ones we're going to get, they can be used from 7lbs up to 35lbs, the FuzziBunz One Size Diaper. Also met a few other Moms and Moms-to-be that have invited me to play groups! Yay!!! New Mommy friends.


Friday - Nursery Work: Mom and I got an early start to the day and got started on some of the nursery decorations. She made some awesome hot air balloons and we worked on making them into a mobile-like decoration that will be in one of the corners of the room. I'll post pictures when we're done. Chip and I also went over to my friend Becky's since she was in town and had a great time catching up.



Saturday - 4th of July!!: YAY! One of my favorite holidays! Chip ran in the road race before our local parade. Going to the parade has been a tradition for me since I was a kid. We sat with my Grandma and Aunts & Uncle and some of the cousins. Chip and I left a bit early to get ready for the BBQs we were headed to. Parades, BBQs, friends, family and fireworks - it's what it's all about!!
He's by far the happiest runner out there!!


Today - Working that To-Do list: I didn't post a to-do list this week, but trust me, there was one. Chip spent all day on the patio and it's almost done!!! Just in time for the shower next weekend! I worked more on the nursery, cleaning some of the baby bedding, running errands and cleaning the house. We're getting there. I can't wait to finish up the nursery and post some more pictures for you all to see, it's really coming together.


This will be a busy week, but we're really making progress!!!! Work will not be fun, but at least home activities will be exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for progress!! In one of the neighboring (..well, closest) cities i found a store that does cloth diaper workshops too! I know we are going to cloth but i think it'll be nice to get down there and participate in one of them before I start buying :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm excited that you are going for the cloth option as well! We are trying the g diaper (cloth shell with compostable liner) so we will have to compare notes! Best of luck with your greener, cleaner decision!

    ReplyDelete