I get there in time for my 3:10 appointment and they tell me Dr K, who is the only delivering OB in the practice I hadn't seen yet, just got called next door to the hospital for a delivery, but he'll be back in 45 minutes. This is the 3rd time that this has happened to us, but just as I told him when he apologized for the delay - it could be us soon, so I'm not upset.
So I took advantage of the time, ran to the post office and then brought my lappie into the waiting room to get some more work done.
My weight, bp, urine, measurements were great. Negative group B strep test, so that's good, no IV administered antibiotics needed during delivery! He then pressed down on my abdomen in between my hips to see if the baby was still head down and it was quite tender, like I'd done 1000 crunches the day before. I assure you, I can't even sit up without moaning, so this was certainly not the reason for the soreness. He said the baby was nice and low - yay!
But that's about it... not that I had wanted another exam, but it would have been nice to know all the Braxton-Hicks I've been having have been leading to some progress.
I am however, hoping that the baby does hold off until at least Saturday morning, we've had a week full of beautiful weather, so Chip, my Mom and I are going up to Saratoga tomorrow to enjoy some pony races! Hopefully, we'll come back with some extra dollar$ :-)
Looks like you’re almost there! What an exciting time. I just love reading your blog; I can relate to so much!
ReplyDelete