First of all, yes, we're still "with child" :-)
As you might have imagined, being very pregnant can make anyone cranky - and I'm no exception, especially at work.
On Monday I get a note from my manager's admin scheduling a "transition meeting" with him and my replacement for Thursday (today). I was sooooooooooo irritated by this for 2 reasons.
1 - I was mad that he was waiting until later in the week - what if I had gone out early (obviously this didn't happen)
and 2 - Didn't he trust that we had everything under control with my replacement and all the other prep I had done?! Call me parinoid, but I was really upset by this.
I should mention at this point that I had vented about this to anyone that would listen throughout the week.
So, I go down to his office this afternoon and he says, let's go in the conference room. Ugh.. really, why, it's just the 3 of us and your office is so big it has a couch... Okay - whatever.
We walk out to the nearest conference room and both have their doors shut. So I say, "oohh they must be booked" He says, "no, they're not" (If you know my mgr at all, you'd know that he would normally have no idea if a room was booked or not - duh, he has an admin)
I decide to be difficult and say "well you can open the door because I got stink eye from someone the other day when I opened the door on them in their meeting" So he obliges and SURPRISE....... all the women I have ever worked with during my 6 years at work are sitting in the conference room, beautifully decorated with yellow streamers, yummy yellow and green cupcakes that said "Congratulations Andrea" (thanks Ursula) and tasty brownies and the Oreo mud pudding pie dessert that is just heavenly! (Kate, it was so tasty - thank you for organizing)!!
I immediately start crying - I had a surprise bridal shower before, but I am a detective, even subconsciously and found out about it. I can honestly say that this is the first time (besides Christmas gifts from Santa as a kid) that was I truly surprised.
Thank you ladies for being so thoughtful and making one of my last days before the baby comes enjoyable at work.
No comments:
Post a Comment