Thursday, August 13, 2009

"Pregnant Forever"

That's how I interpret today's appt.

I waited nearly 1.5 hours for the Dr to tell me today that I am no further dilated then I was 2 weeks ago, 1.5 cm and that I'm 75% effaced. One Point Five Hours!! I've tried to be understanding about Dr's being called over for deliveries and for them all going on vacation at the same time... but this is getting a tad ridiculous!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ohhh and by the way, I thought the head was low, it feels low, and it is according to Doc., but it's not "nearly where it needs to be" again... lovely!

All other vitals for baby and I were good, but I'm pissed that I waited that long for them to tell me what I already knew! GRRRRRR...

So, as you all may recall from week 34's surprise ultrasound... you know the one where he said that the baby's head was measuring 2.5 weeks ahead... Yeah, well that means that the head is now about 1 week overdue... how's that for anticipating labor ::: tear:::

Please don't misunderstand, I know we've not passed our due date, that's not what I'm frustrated about - I'm irritated about the wait in the doctors office week-after-week. But I guess when you're an OB, you work hard and play hard, but if I ran that practice, 75% of the delivering docs wouldn't be able to take vacation all at the same time. Note to self, for child # 2, do not plan pregnancy for summer or the holidays or school vacations or....

2 comments:

  1. That is DEFINITELY just your doctor. I have never ever waited more than 15 minutes. If he is delivering, they have someone else cover. Gosh, I would be so mad! Once is ok, but not week after week!

    Good luck... hopefully he is not 1.5 hours late to your delivery! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you have to wait for your dr all the time. I only had to wait/have my appt cancelled twice, so I think the every week wait is ridiculous too! On an encouraging note...I was barely 1 cm dialated at my first internal and then my water broke that night! Things can change in an instant!

    ReplyDelete