Wow... my doctor's office must have been reading my blog and knew I was disappointed by the wait last week. I got in right away with MY Dr as scheduled and was already in the exam room 2 minutes before my appt. YAY! I could have hugged him I was so happy.
So anyway, the update:
1. I'm now 3 cm dilated. So I went from 1 cm week 36 to no change by week 38 and now week 39, we're at 3cm. YAY!! I am happy that's less dilating my body will need to work on when I'm in labor. But it does not mean anything when it comes to how close I am to going into labor.
2. Dr B "stripped my membranes." Click here if you care to read about what that means.
3. If we go overdue, we have a NST (non-stress test) scheduled for 8/27 which is at 40w 3d, which is also the day of our last scheduled appt. Click here to learn about NSTs.
4. If everything goes okay at the NST and 40 week appt on 8/27, and we don't go into labor naturally, we are officially scheduled to be induced at 41 weeks 1 day on Sept 1st - 630am.
Baby,
Momma and Daddy do not want to wait until 9/1 to see you. If we're induced it can lead to needing more pain management and potentially an increased chance of a c-section from the drugs slowing down labor. So... If you insist on staying nice and cozy and want to be born on 9/1, that is fine, but please be sure that you've done your part to come naturally on the 1st without the need for induction. I promise you that you won't be cold when you enter this world. It feels like Florida here, which is not usual. But you would like Florida, that's where Mickey Mouse lives and we promise we'll take you there when you're a bit older... so come on out, Sweetheart, we really can't wait to meet you - Neither can your 5 Grandparents, 5 Great Grandparents and countless Aunties and Uncles! You will be one spoiled baby - I only had 1 Grandparent and I was spoiled rotten... What other ways can I tempt you?
Love, Mommy :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment