I'll start with the excitement of another gold star appointment this week. It makes it very hard for me to whine about my sciatica knowing that we're having a very healthy pregnancy and baby is just as great! But... it does hurt and it must be amusing to try to see me get out of bed in the morning without pinching the nerve ;-)
So, the appointment. My mother just moved back from Texas, so I asked her to come to the appointment with me so she could hear her first grandbaby's heartbeat! I saw one of the Drs in the practice that I hadn't seen yet, he was good and I felt very comfortable with him. My BP was good, and I according to the Dr's office scale, I've only gained 2 lbs this month! Yay, I'm A-W-E-S-O-M-E! I had previously been a bit nervous about my size, getting a lot of comments that I was too tiny, so, that's made me a bit paranoid that my belly wasn't big enough compared to other women who are as far along. Well my "fundal measurement" the measurement of the height/length of the uterus, and it was right on, @ 24cm!
Next - onto Captain Hook:
One of the receptionists at the office set up the remainder of my appointments, even one past our due date. The woman who set up our appointments is not Captain Hook, however, there is another receptionist, who's an idiot, and looks just like Mr. Dustin Hoffman below. She's so classy she also has a saggy tattoo on one of her boobs. I'm surprised she's not required to cover that decaying rose tat. I'm not kidding - her hair looks JUST LIKE Captain Hook!!!! Credit given where credit is due - Chip is the one who identified her as his stunt double at our very first appointment.

Now, onto our 1st childbirth class. It's rather large, 11 couples. Well 1 girl I believe might be a singleton with her mother, she looked a tad young, but I was happy to see there weren't any teen moms. (Perhaps that's not a good thing, maybe they just aren't informed enough to know that they may benefit from taking a class... hmm) Anyway, we'll call the mother of the young-potentially single, the "Cagey Vet."
Let me back up - We were grouped together with another couple and given a question to discuss, then we would talk about it briefly with the whole class, basically an icebreaker for us to get to know eachother. We went around the room reading the questions by due date.
We finally get halfway through the due dates and Cagey Vet and her daughter were next, their question went something like "Confidence is boosted for expectant mothers though education about the birth process" Something about empowerment, blah blah. So Cagey Vet says that she didn't go to childbirth class when she had her daughter but that it was the worst pain she'd ever experienced in her life and went on and on and on... Really, Cagey Vet, that's what you'd like to say to 11 new mommy-to-be's? Really? Do you not realize that the only reason we're here is because of the fear of the unknown????? And she just wouldn't shut up! Let's hope her vast intelligence didn't rub off onto her daughter.
Why am I being so nasty towards these people tonight??? I must think I'm something else... well, on to the next topic, I do not get any nicer.
This now brings me to one of the things I was wondering about before we went to our first class, what if there are some complete idiots who shouldn't be reproducing. Ding ding, we have a winner in this category! I believe one question she had was "How do we know when we need to go to the hospital so they won't send us home until we're more ready?" Or something like that. Hmmm, here's an idea... talk to your doctor and READ A FREAKING BOOK... oooh what's it called "What to Expect when you're Expecting," are you unaware of this thing called the internet and a popular site called Google?? I'm pretty sure there are some common guidelines that you can find, my dear, please don't sound so panicked... and please, please do some research. I'm not saying I know the answer to that right now, but I do know where to find it.
I observed some other interesting personalities - remember, there are 22 people in the class, this could get interesting. I asked Chip to help me write this post, but he feels like he needs to "get to know" some of these couples a bit more before he can have some witty things to add. So, I'll leave you with Cagey Vet and Idiot Couple.
No comments:
Post a Comment