I think I've started having Braxton-Hicks contractions this week. But.. I'm not sure, I'll have to do some research. My tummy gets very hard all over and super round. It doesn't hurt, or feel like anything really... so who knows. Our childbirth classes are half over. They really haven't been that bad, but there are two Parnters that I'd like to call out.
The first is the husband of one of the women in the class. We'll call him DB for short... yes, that acronym suits him. Last week our instructor was trying to get the Partners to discuss how labor may make the moms act. So he pipes up and says "she's going to OVER react, just like she always does." I would hire I doula if I were her. Who says that?!?! What a jerk!
The second is the boyfriend of about 17 or 18 years old. And his age may or may not have anything to do with it, but he's clearly not the most intelligent person in the class. When we were doing some more relaxation techniques on the floor she was quietly walking us through envisioning a place that makes us relaxed and calm. She then tells the partners to then think of where the place the Mom is relaxing and he shouts out "somewhere relaxing!" Well thanks buddy, we were relaxed but not anymore, thanks. And to top it all off, he was sitting with his legs wide open and his fly down... classy!
Dear Instructor Deb, I can't handle many more weeks of hearing you "bearing down" complete with grunts... yes - we get what the final part of stage 2 labor is going to be like. PLEASE PLEASE Debbie, Please stop grunting and growning.
I don't really have much else to write about. I think the last 3 months are going to go by far slower then the last 6.5. At least the next two weekends are booked with friends' weddings, so after those we'll be to another milestone - 30 weeks!
No comments:
Post a Comment