After our break we practiced some labor positions. I really enjoyed this because I got almost an hour long back rub from Chipper. He's going to be such a great coach during labor. I just know it and am sooooo lucky to have him there to experience this together.
Friday, May 15, 2009
Child birth class update
Thank goodness we had no more painful memories from the "Cagey Vet" this week, her and her daughter left after the first hour. Which brings me to this painful thought.... holy metric system Batman. Being in the only country that doesn't use the metric system, I am sure I'm not the only one who had a bit of reality slapped in her face this week at class. 10 centimeters is a really wide diameter!!! I looked around the room as the instructor showed the chart showing the progression of this - I'm not the only one who relearned how wide 10cm actually is! Those charts topped with with our instructor GRUNTING whenever she'd point to 10 centimeters... hello reality!! Owie! And is it really necessary for our instructor to pretend to push?!?! For some reason those sounds really grossed me out.
After our break we practiced some labor positions. I really enjoyed this because I got almost an hour long back rub from Chipper. He's going to be such a great coach during labor. I just know it and am sooooo lucky to have him there to experience this together.
After our break we practiced some labor positions. I really enjoyed this because I got almost an hour long back rub from Chipper. He's going to be such a great coach during labor. I just know it and am sooooo lucky to have him there to experience this together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment