Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's day, furniture, baby names....

Happy Mother's Day Mom and to my MIL Chris.

Today I got a lovely text from Allyssa, one of my college roomies, who is due 12 days before us, saying "Happy Mommy to be day!!!" I loved it!! Same to you, Allys!

Chip gave a very sweet card today for being a mommy-to-be. He always has the best words to say.

Another random thought this weekend, 6 years ago we graduated from school - wow! We are O-L-D! Feels like yesterday, I miss you gals, and congrats on 6 years out.

Some of you may not know, but we're keeping the Baby's name a secret, which at this time is partly a secret to us too. We have a girl's first name picked out, but no middle name. For a boy, we have a middle name, but no first. Some hints to keep some of you satisfied:
Girl's name:
1. Is a gender neutral name and more popular in recent years as a boys name.
2. In the last 8 years, it has increased in popularity as a girls name by 253 spots. But it's still over ranking 500.

Feel free to make some suggestions. Here's the 2008 popular baby name listing that was released last week - thanks for sending it along, Dana: http://www.ssa.gov/OACT/babynames/

Ooooh and Baby's crib and dresser/changer came this weekend! THAT WAS SO QUICK!!! So now we just have to get the office cleaned out, move the guest room furniture into the office and then we can put the crib and dresser together. I thought we were going to have to wait a couple weeks for the crib to come, but we're both so anxious already, I bet we'll have the office cleaned out before week's end.

Well, Baby is saying hiiii-ya (get it..? Karate Kid) to you all by karate chopping my bladder, so I am going to end this post before it push my luck and the capacity of my bladder.

Good night and happy mother's day to all the mothers. Happy Mommy to be day to those of you who are "building your little ones" as Chipper says.

No comments:

Post a Comment