For those of you who don't know, women around 28 weeks have to have a test for Gestational Diabetes. As I mentioned last week, I had mine on Thursday. If I don't hear back tomorrow, or Tuesday at the latest, I am in the clear.
The orange drink was what I expected... it wasn't terrible, but have no desire to ever drink it again! I had to drink it in about 1o minutes time (did it in about 4 to get it overwith) and then go to the lab and have blood drawn an hour after finishing finishing the liquid orange sugar. The lab techs had a hard time finding a vein, I told them I had a wedding to go to this weekend and would really appreciate not being bruised, they joked with me, but of course by the time I left my appt that followed, I was bruised, and still am. Thanks kids!
Our 28 week appt went smoothly. The doc measured the belly and it was right on at 28 cm's, so even though I appear to be carrying on the small side, at least I can be reassured that my uterus growth is right on track, which is a strong indicator of baby being on track too. The doc seemed a bit surprised that I was having Braxton- Hicks already, but from what I've read, it's not uncommon. I feel confident that I've learned enough from him and our childbirth classes so we'll know what to recognize if they change from B-H to regular old labor progressing contractions. Baby's heart beat was strong. My BP was right on target. Things are looking good still, Chip and I couldn't be more grateful that we've been very blessed with a healthy pregnancy to date. Back for our next appt in 3 weeks, it's hard for me to believe that we're starting to go more frequently now!!
No comments:
Post a Comment