Monday, June 1, 2009

T Minus 12 Weeks

What a great weekend... I felt so spoiled to spend it with old friends. Molly's wedding on Saturday. It was a beautiful celebration, lots of dancing and learned a couple fun French wedding traditions. Sunday we went to Lindsay's engagement party. Her sister threw her and her fiance, Mikey, an engagement party since they were home from Colorado. I hadn't thought of it in a while, but Linds and I were reminiscing about the "good ole days" and how we met in gym class our freshman year - the activity was speed walking. Which by the way, who takes speed walking as an activity in gym class?!?!

After the engagement party we stopped by my Aunt's house. My cousins Shane and Jen were in town for a visit with their families. The kids are getting so big and baby Brody is getting so big. He's such a little man!

It was so nice to see everyone who was in town.

The best news possible in a while.... our crazy neighbor sold his house and it's official, the closing was Friday. He's G-O-N-E, gone gone gone! There was a sold sign at the house on Friday, but I just didn't believe it until this morning when I wasn't woken up at 430 am. It was heavenly to sleep through the night on a Monday morning. I didn't realize how much it really made my week get off on the wrong foot in prior weeks until today - I had a GREAT day and was in a good mood alllll day long - which hasn't happened in weeks. Thank you, crazy man, for moving out.

In baby news... Baby S had multiple bouts with hiccups today while I was at work. I also think that s/he might be transverse right now. For those of you who don't know, that means that the baby is sideways instead of "in position" head down or breech. S/he is moving around so much I'm sure all positions are achieved throughout the day. I'm not worried, we have a few weeks before Baby runs out of room.

How far along? 28 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: Total net + 11
Stretch marks? Not yet.
Sleep: Well Friday night was awful, I couldn't sleep at all. I got up to go to the bathroom and must have been so restless and woke Chip up too, so he started telling me a story. Well as soon as I got comfy back in bed, Chip finishes his story and the baby goes crazy. S/he LOVES when Daddy talks. We did a little test. He'd talk to the baby and when he'd stop, the baby would go crazy. Baby loves Daddy.
Best moment this week: Good times with friends and family!!!!Movement: All the time , see above :-)
Food cravings: Still avocados
Gender: Still thinking boy, though I did call it a she the other day. Chip still thinks baby is a girl.
Labor Signs: Just practice Braxton-Hicks.
Belly Button in or out? Still in, it's so ugly!
What I miss: My neighbor... haha! Um no!
What I am looking forward to: Our second wedding of the season next weekend in Saratoga - Lenny & Kelly's
Weekly Wisdom: Ordered a couple things on sale online at Old Navy - I don't know why I did this again. Only the maternity hoodie (yes, it's a glorious purchase) and a black cotton skirt fit! Moral of the story, don't buy things online.
Milestones: Baby is a little more than 2 lbs and almost 15'' long head to toe!! 3rd trimester last week.
Shout outs to new followers: Jodi and Lisa!! So glad you're following
Random belly rubs: Last week I mentioned baby's fear of strangers... again this happened. S/he refuses to move for anyone but Chip or I.
Baby Brain Moment of the Week: This week I'll mention an embarrassing movement. I'm trying to be more conscious of my belly b/c I've been hitting everything with it. Since I'm shorter I seem to brush against desks, etc. with it. So today, while being very aware of how far my bell is sticking out, I tried to scoot between some furniture in a conference room (with about 5 or 6 colleagues) and instead of hitting something with my belly, I knocked my water bottle off the table with my behind. Classy!
Weekly Belly Pic: No pic today, Chip was at his fly fishing class so I had no one to take a pic before it was time to get into comfy clothes. I'll post one tomorrow, I promise!

I will tell you that I can't see my feet anymore if I look straight down.

1 comment: