Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Happy Birthday Grandma Lil!

Happy Birthday to my Mom, Grandma Lil... can you believe that you're going to be a Grandmother at 29? ;-) Unfortunately we couldn't treat Mom to dinner today because of our childbirth class, so we're going to go tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay... here's the week 28 picture.

You can tell that the baby's room is just storage right now. Need to organize it a bit.

So... the young idiot at our class tonight had a real REAL dumb question.. We were talking about what steps the Doc will take if you've started to dialate, have contractions and/or got into pre-term labor. She explained a few of the shots and IV treatments they'll give and send you on your way once contractions have stopped. So the young idiot raises his hand and says "what if you WANT the baby to come?" Dear Tony, you are an idiot, you really need a book to read so you can learn that 32 weeks is about 8 weeks early, or approximately 2 months early!! Do you NOT know that you do not want to deliver a baby that is 2 months early if at all possible!!! I guess we feel sorry for him that he's so ignorant to the whole process - but clearly, he was not listening!

Side note: I was asked if I took my cranky pill today by one of my Managers... without hesitation I responded, YES!

We went for a nice tour of the Mother-Baby unit - saw the labor/birthing rooms and the recovery rooms you're in while recovering in the day(s) following. We also took a quick pass by the nursery where there were 3 babies trying to wiggle their way out of the tight swaddles they were in. Each one of them had a head full of hair... I wonder if any of them were born today on your birthday, Mom!?

Finally, a few things I'm getting a little anxious about:
1. Gestational Diabetes test tomorrow afternoon - please keep your fingers crossed for me.
2. Daycare... I'm nervous we've procrastinated a bit too long on this, I plan to call around in between sips of the orange sugar drink tomorrow. We won't need daycare until around Thanksgiving, so about 5.5 - 6 months away, but hopefully there are spots available for infants.
3. Names - Baby is still officially nameless (with the exception of a few loving nicknames: Heinz, Karate Kid, etc.!!!!) Suggestions welcome - we're going for an Irish/Celtic name.

2 comments:

  1. I love the name Hugh for a boy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your 28-week picture - you look beautiful!
    The blue top is very attractive.

    Love, chris

    ReplyDelete