That is where the baby is today. I had a dentist appt first thing this morning. While I was waiting in the room, sitting straight up, mind you, I was having issues breathing. Like I'd just done a 100m sprint.
So I get into the dentist chair for my cleaning and you know how they angle the chair down so it's easier for them to get at the teeth... well, gravity moved the baby even further into my lungs. We tried shifting me in the seat, tried moving the chair up and I still couldn't breathe. Also, the light they use to see what they're doing is like one of those freaking red bathroom heating lamps.
I start sweating...
I can't breathe...
I sit up to get a sip of water, lay back down
I'm sweating even more...
I still can't breathe
So I finally ask the hygienist to stop, holding back tears, because, I am an hormonal mess this week, and she says don't worry, we'll reschedule for after the baby comes. Oh sure, because it'll be super easy for me to get here at that point!
So... my new "weekly wisdom" is that, if you're 9 months pregnant, don't torture yourself by going to the dentist. You already have 1 regular dr appt/week, so don't try to add in another appt... it will just screw with your hormones! BOOOOO.... now I get to anticipate this next month too. GRRR.
I had almost the exact same experience...except the hygienist wasn't so friendly and I was in tears all the way home!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad they stopped so you could get some air!