Friday, June 12, 2009

Found this other survey that's more of a one time deal, thought maybe some of you were getting as bored as I was with the weekly one.

About My Pregnancy
Is this your first pregnancy?:Yes
When did you find out you were pregnant?:12/17/08 a Wednesday!
Was it planned?: Yes
What was your first reaction?: Completely surprised!
Who was with you when you found out?: I was in the bathroom getting ready to shower for work... Chip was in bed still, but knew I was taking the test.
Who was the first person you told?: Obviously Chip.
How did your parents react?: Everyone was very surprised and excited.
How far along are you?: 29 weeks 4 days
What was your first symptom?: Sweating at night, in Dec a week before we got a positive, I knew then.
What is your due date?:8/24
Do you know the sex of the baby?: No - last big surprise in life!!
Have you picked out names?: We have a girl's name, but no boy's.
If so, what are they?: We're going to surprise everyone when baby arrives.
Have you heard the heartbeat?: yes, at all appointments

About the birth
Home or hospital birth?: Hospital
Natural or medicated birth?: I'd like to do it naturally, but I'm learning about the different meds too.
Who will be in the delivery room with you?: Chip and ONLY Chip.
Will you breastfeed?: I'm really hoping to.
Do you think you'll need a c-section?: I hope not!!
Will you cry when you hold the baby for the first time?: Probably :-)
What's the first thing you might say to him/her?: How can you even plan something like that?!?!
Would you let someone videotape the birth?: Never! Perhaps baby's first hours after, but no way... I think I'd only like to experience that once.

1 comment:

  1. Do you find it hard not to tell people what names you have/are considering when asked? For some reason, I feel guilty for not giving the info, but we are not sure and don't really want the "oh, my neighbor's dog is named that" or the like, so we are keeping our options to our selves. Besides, we really think we need to see her before truly deciding. I do laugh when I over hear my mother-in-law tell others that "they aren't telling us the name..." I think she thinks we are hiding it from HER...

    It is nice to hear that I am not the only person in the world considering the "natural" option when it comes to birth. Most of the ladies in our class looked at me like I was crazy when I said that I think I want to avoid the epi. if possible. We CAN do it!!

    ReplyDelete