Saturday, March 14, 2009

Cloth Diapers?

Chip and I made a day out of a trip to Northampton to look for a new car for him. The weather was so nice, probaby a whopping 45 or 50 degrees, so we decided to walk around down town. There was a kids/baby store there that had a giant selection of reusable/cloth diapers. I have heard the leaps and bounds they've come since our parents had diaper services when we were babies. We got a detailed lesson from the woman who owns the store, and I'm pretty sure we're sold. It seems like such a no brainer... there are no chemicals in the diapers, so there is evidence of less diaper rash, you can save hundreds (and even thousands if we have more then one kid) on diapers, they're so much better for the environment, and even though the start up costs are higher, some of the diapers "grow" with your growing baby.. who knew!!?!?!.

You're thinking I'm being just another granola eating tree-hugger... but frankly, I don't care - I'm writing this blog entry more for myself so I can save some of the links I've stumbled upon tonight... feel free to comment if you'd like.

- New to cloth diapers: http://jilliansdrawers.com/newtocloth
- buying bulk: http://www.greenplanetbaby.com/

info from consumer reports: Major brands of cloth diapers, all-in-ones, and cloth diapering systems are Bum Genius (www.bumgenius.com), Bumkins (www.bumkins.com), Dundee (available at www.buybuybaby.com), Fuzzi Bunz (www.fuzzibunz.com), Gerber (www.gerberchildrenswear.com), Kushies (www.kushiesonline.com), and Swaddlebees (http://www.swaddlebees.com/).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Baby Momma --- good for you -- Lexi has had lots of trouble with some rashes lateley - and she's never left w/ a wet diaper on - we've determined it's due to some kind of allergies w/ the chemicals in the diapers. We've been using little cloth pullups for her when we can. Good choice! Ya damned tree hugger :)

    From the old gramma (guess who)

    ReplyDelete